Comments, questions and suggestions
Thank you all who have endorsed the Farmers’ Manifesto for Freedom (FMF2019), and have helped to spread the word around. This new annotation feature is to enable each of you to more actively participate in discussing the Manifesto, and which would, hopefully, contribute to generating new ideas, and help in updating this document a few months later.
While only those who have endorsed the Manifesto will be entitled to annotate, these comments will be visible to anyone who visits this website.
This annotation feature comes courtesy Hypothes.is , a non profit initiative that seeks to make online participation more fruitful.
Please follow the following steps.
- Visit Hypothes.is, and click on the Get Started button.
- Follow the steps to create a free Hypothesis account.
- Please consider using your <first name> or <last name> as username. This will enable others to identify the contributor making annotations on the Farmers’ Manifesto.
- To create the Hypothesis account, please use the same email ID that you have used to Register and Endorse this Manifesto.
- Add the Hypothes.is extension to the Chrome browser (it works best on that). Instructions for installing the extension is here: https://web.
- On the browser setting you may choose to keep extension switched on or off.
- Once an account has been created on Hypothes.is, please inform the admin@FarmersManifesto.info, or email@example.com
- Your inclusion in the FMF2019 group will be confirmed to you. Then you would be able to use the annotation tools that appear on right hand top corner of the webpage on this Manifesto page, which is dedicated to inviting comments and compiling the suggestions.
- Use the annotation tool to highlight and comment on specific points in the Manifesto, and suggest modifications to the text. You would also be able to respond to someone else’s comments.
- Annotations on this page will be visible to all visitors to this Farmers’ Manifesto website, but such viewers would not be able to comment directly on the page. Although, the general comments section of this blog is open to all, and those comments are moderated.
Now you may lend your support and join those who have endorsed the Farmers’ Manifesto for Freedom.
For comments and suggestions, please write to: admin@FarmersManifesto.info OR FarmersManifesto@gmail.com